Stateline Bean

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spraying This Morning


Good Morning~

I had a great morning.  I got up and went out for a beautiful bike ride and watched the sun rise over the fields.  It made me realize how green everything is and also how much work has gone into making each field look the way they do.  I was just about back to the house when I saw one of my neighbor farmers.  He was out setting water with a golf club in his hand.  Now, I know better than to think that he was practicing his swing during irrigation season!  So, after we had been chatting a while, curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask about the club.  What he explained to me was genius!  He carefully explained to me that he uses this golf club to open the gates on the gated pipe so that he would not have to bend down.  It was awesome!  We continued into what the markets were doing and how this year's crop looks when a plane started flying really low.  It looks like they were spraying copper on the bean field next to my house due to the signs of blight.  It was just such a great scene with the irrigation water trickling down the rows, the sun rising, and the yellow biplane flying low over a bean field in the nice crisp cool morning air.

If you look closely you can see the plane
in between the trees.

No comments: