Stateline Bean

Friday, August 19, 2011

High Plains Dry Bean School

Hey All~I have been over at the High Plains Dry Bean School at the Panhandle Research Station with Dave and Courtney over the last day and a half.  It was such a valuable program and I am so incredible thankful that Stateline invested in me to go.  I have begun building a knowledge base so that when I am out in the field, I can help people and point them in the right direction.

The University has so many resources with their research and their publications.  Please take the time to check out their website on dry beans at http://cropwatch.unl.edu/drybeans.  It is incredible.  Here is their Plant Disease Center website:  http://pdc.unl.edu/.

We spent the last two days in the best classroom of them all~~OUTDOORS!  We covered Nutrient Management, Insect Management, Weed Control, Growth States, Dry Bean Breeding, Irrigation Management, and Disease Management.  They took us around in a Farmer's Limo.  We had great weather!  


Thank you to all of those who made this day possible!  I believe that it was/is a great resource for all who attended and for all those we interact with on a daily basis.  It was such a neat dynamic with growers, beaneries, crop scouts, researchers, and chemical companies all learning together.  We all work together to make up the dry bean industry.

No comments: