Stateline Bean

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gering Celebrating 125 Years

My logo contest entry.

Hi!  Beautiful day here in the Valley.  Very cold but very sunny also!  I just wanted to kick of the one year celebration of Gering's 125th Anniversary with the logo I entered in their contest back in the fall.  The town of Gering was looking for a logo that they could use on letterhead and on city vehicles to represent the town's 125th year anniversary.  They had tons of good entries in the contest which you can view the winning logo on KNEB's page:  http://kneb.com/news/index.php?more=9y34jwbr.  It looks like they will kick off the festivities on Wednesday March 7th, 2012 at the Gering Civic Center.  Food and entertainment for only $1.25!  Mark your calendars and rally support.

I created my logo to do my best at representing Gering as a farming community with our National Monument in the background, very simple.  This is actually Jerry Mackie in the combine!

Tip of the Day:  No matter how you feel, get up , get dressed, and show up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have won! Great job on the photo!!!