Stateline Bean

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oh the Wind

Wow, they were not kidding when they called for wind today!  I'd venture to say it is more than just a "light breeze."  I went over to the new Coop Main Street Market to get lunch for the crew and on my way out, the lid blew directly off my meat and cheese tray and the cheese started flying around.  It was crazy!  Anyway, the new grocery store there is very nice!  You should go check it out.

Please be careful today!  I have heard on the radio that light trailers are blowing over!  It was interesting, while talking to a farmer yesterday, he mentioned that we might have a "square day" today.  Curious, I asked what that meant.  He proceeded to tell me that when it is 50 degrees outside and the wind is blowing 50 m.p.h., that is a "square day."  Then I decided that I didn't know which would be better, the 50/50 or 30 degrees and 30 m.p.h. wind?!  Glad I don't have to choose!

~Photo taken in Illinois!~

No comments: