Stateline Bean

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh Sunny Day....

Well, it appears that we did reach the high of 100 degrees today! Beautiful sun shinny day! Not a cloud in the sky. As for me, I headed out to Bayard today to chat with growers! What a great job! I met with one new grower and one of our members who showed me around. We spent some time talking about his beans and identifying cockle burs. These were great examples since they had been sprayed, the were beginning to die. Some of them were rather large and he said that they are pretty resilient and might just keep on growing. He had some burn on his field from spray since the last quarter of the field was sprayed when it was raining. It should be alright though.


After visiting for a while, I headed back to the office to check in and then went over to the University. I went to see how the experiments were doing in the greenhouse that were inoculated on Friday, July 1st, 2011. It was crazy to me how much they had grown. Now, you have to remember that I have been looking at beans out in the field and these beans are being grown in a greenhouse under special lights and with individual irrigation systems. It was amazing to me how much they had grown! It was like a jungle. Stay tuned to see pictures of the inoculated research beans tomorrow.

No comments: